Sunday, November 9, 2014

Meet Michaela


The Author of FEARLESS

Michaela W.
5'4 
grey eyes
brown hair
Pittsburgh Native


Profile:                                              

I am a U.S. citizen
I am the oldest of seven kids
I am a student at the Pittsburgh Arts Center

I currently am taking a year off from traditional schooling to explore different hobbies and interests-mostly art.
I work as a nanny and I love being able to invest in young lives and help kids grow through exploratory play and life experiences
I was born and raised in Pittsburgh
My friends live all over the country
My favorite activity is making art and I love to do this because I'm 100% me
My favorite color is orange because it always has been
I love fashion and have my own DIY/fashion blog: http://thediygal93.wordpress.com/
My favorite meal is sushi-and I hardly ever eat it so it’s always a treat!
I love backcountry backpacking and camping. There is something so incredible about living from your backpack and drinking in part of the country untouched by industrialism
I love to write- I am almost done with my first YA novel
I can be a little too adventurous
I am an activist. Fighting against social injustice is so important to me- especially in the area of human trafficking.
I randomly break into song
I love sewing because you can create so much from your mind and make something completely new from scraps of fabric
I own an Etsy store to raise money for the A21 Campaign, as well as others to help girls rescued from human trafficking:https://www.etsy.com/shop/TurnAround360?ref=hdr_shop_menu

I love running
I am addicted to coffee
It’s my dream to backpack across Europe
I want to see the world
I love creating art
My favorite poet is Pablo Neruda
I want my life to be used to help and encourage other people
My weakness is ice cream
My favorite author is C.S. Lewis
Being around other people energizes me. I love being social and connecting with people-either one on one or in a group.
I am a mentor to several young girls. I love encouraging them to live up to their potential and to help them learn how to figure out problems in their lives themselves.
One person from history who has always inspired me is Corrie ten Boom. She risked her life for the lives of other and even when she was tortured and abused by the Nazis, she chose to forgive and love, even when it was difficult.


My Present:

I believe in Christ. He gives me guidance in everything
I feel very deeply about many things but I don’t always show it
I am a strong person, but I need to learn to let others help me
I am learning the balance between service for others and rest for myself
I want to live every day to the fullest

No comments: